Explore the Best of the Great Lakes!
We are currently working on the dates and details for our 2014 events!
This is your opportunity to explore the islands, beaches, towns and harbors of beautiful Northern Michigan with the comfort and safety of sailing with others.
You can join us by:
- Charter a boat from the Bay Breeze fleet – bareboat or hire a captain
- Learn to sail and take an ASA course along the way. Cruising courses also available for those with basic sailing experience.
- Book just a double cabin on a captained boat with another couple.
- Sail on your own boat for a small entry fee!
Check out scenes from past Unsalted Sailing Flotillas
All sailors welcome – beginners to ol’ salts! We’ll harbor hop in Grand Traverse and Little Traverse Bays with expected visits to Suttons Bay, Northport, Charlevoix,
For beginners or those looking for a thorough refresher, the ASA 101/103 combo course is offered and the 104 bareboat certification and 105 coastal navigation courses are offered also for those with a little more experience. This is the event that started it all and is sure to be a hit again in 2013.
- Day 1 - Suttons Bay – quaint town with art galleries, great restaurants and beaches. Anchoring outside the marina is an option.
- Day 2 - Elk Rapids or Old Mission with the “Twisted Sheet Regatta” along the way. This is a fun, informal regatta race with a humorous awards ceremony afterwards.
- Day 3 - Northport – Jack Klang will meet us there and with one of his nationally recognized sailing presentations.
- Day 4 - Charlevoix – a favorite stop-over in an amazing setting. Explore the town, galleries, beaches and restaurants or even the self-guided walking tour of the famous Earl Young Mushroom Houses.
- Day 5 - Omena Bay – enjoy a private wine tasting at the Leelanau Wine Cellars waterfront tasting room and dinner available at the adjacent “Knot Just A Bar”.
- Day 6 - Bower’s Harbor with a stop over at Power Island – we’ll explore this diverse nature preserve island with a personal tour from the park ranger and then anchor for the night at Bower’s Harbor where a shuttle awaits to take us to the very popular “Jolly Pumpkin”; a historic landmark that is now a brew-pub restaurant in a beautiful setting. On site wine and beer tasting followed by famous perch, whitefish, ribs and other great menu options.
- Day 7 – return to Traverse City (about 5 miles away) at a nice leisurely pace.
Join Us By
- Booking a cabin on a Captained boat
- Taking an ASA course
- Chartering a boat – bareboat or with captain
- Taking your own boat
- Bareboat – regular 7-day bareboat charter rates apply. Visit the “fleet & rates” webpage. Available for qualified sailors.
- Captained Charter on Private Boat – regular 7-day bareboat charter rate plus $225/day captain fee. Open to anyone. A friendly, USCG licensed captain will be on board and you can be as active (or inactive) as you like with the sailing.
- Double Cabin on Shared Boat – $1295 per person based on double occupancy ($2590 total) for a private cabin on a captained boat. You can be as active (or inactive) as you like with the sailing. Single rates may be available, call the office for details.
- ASA and Sailing Instruction
- ASA 101/103 – No experience necessary. You’ll have a private 32′ boat with an instructor who will be on board for the first 5 days teaching the course during the flotilla. For the remaining 2 days, you’ll have the boat on your own but you’ll cruise safely with the flotilla fleet. $3825 total for up to 4 students ($956 per person) and includes the boat, the captain, the instruction, text books, study guides, fuel, pump-out and marina fees.
- ASA 104/105 - ASA 101/103 prerequisite or comprable sailing experience. You’ll have a berth on a 38′-42′ monohull with an instructor for the entire week. $1195 per student. ASA certifications are optional at an additional fee: $100 ASA 104 certification and/or $250 ASA 105 certification.
- Bring Your Own Boat – Join in on just part of the event or for the entire event. Powerboats or Sailboats, everyone is welcome!
For reservations or to check availability, call Bay Breeze 231-941-0535 or email email@example.com.
And a HUGE thanks to the sponsors that are making Unsalted Sailing Events possible: