Welcome to the Best Sailing School on the Great Lakes. Our passion is sailing and our goal is to share the knowledge and feeling of being under sail. Bay Breeze Sailing School provides a 30 year history of introducing sailing to over 4700 sailors. Below you’ll see a sample of our course offering but be sure to check out a complete listing of all our courses.
- Course Descriptions
- Course Dates
- Student Testimonials
- Instructor Roster
- Private Instruction
- Why Bay Breeze?
- Sailing School FAQ’s
- Basic Sailing
- Basic Cruising
- Intermediate Cruising
- Advanced Cruising
- Navigational Courses
- Bareboat Certifications for up to 32′, 36′, 39′ or 50′
Award Winning School - our roster of instructors speaks for itself. Eleven certified instructors keep the classes fresh and lively. Our private marina facility will give you piece of mind and a comfortable atmosphere to learn. We’re not the biggest and we don’t want to be. This is what makes Bay Breeze the choice for you.
- Bay Breeze was recognized as a “Top Twenty” sailing school in the country 2005.
- Awarded Sailing School of The Year Central Region for 2004 by the American Sailing Association. Bay Breeze was the ONLY Great Lakes School recognized in the top twenty.
- 2006 brought two more recognitions for Bay Breeze, two instructors on our roster have been named “Outstanding Instructors” for the 2006 season. Congratulations to Dan Spyhalski and Dave Williams. Thanks to our instructors and graduates for being instrumental in our accolades.
- Our own Dennis Farr was awarded an ASA (American Sailing Association) Outstanding Instructor Award for 2012.
“We appreciated the last minute help with obtaining an instructor for an extra half day. Your staff of instructors was great. Very professional, we learned a lot in a short time with them.”- Gary K.